Keen on volunteering, but don’t yet want the full commitment of Rotary membership ? You could become a Rotary Friend. This way you get to volunteer on worthwhile projects and attend events to fit in with your busy life, or to try out what it’s like to be a Rotarian.
Advantages of becoming a Rotary Friend
You can attend any of our meetings, volunteering projects or events.
You are covered by our Rotary insurance policy as a Rotary Volunteer.
Here is a sample of volunteer roles you might like to take on as a Rotary Friend in our club:
- join our medical mission team to an island of the Philippines and help to restore sight and hearing to people who could never afford such medial care;
- help to run a program or event for kids with a disability;
- help to load vital medical equipment into shipping containers to send to developing countries;
- host a youth exchange student from another country for three months in your home;
- participate in a gardening project to help people in need;
- cook meals for youth programs at Rotary’s Camp Getaway;
- participate in a project that you instigate from an identified need in our community.
Additional benefits if you decide to become a Rotarian
- You can attend the meetings of any Rotary Club in the world, as a Rotarian.
- You have a vote at our club’s general meetings.
- You can lead a club or district project.
How to become a Rotary Friend
- Like our Facebook page.
- Come along to one of our meetings so we can to get to know you.
- Check out the Projects we are currently undertaking.
- Submit this online form.
What are the commitments ?
If you are volunteering on a project where children are involved, it is law in Australia that all adults hold a current Working With Children Check. There is no application cost for volunteers.
How much does it cost ?
There is no membership fee for a Rotary Friend.
We do ask you to pay the meal cost of $25 when you choose to attend our club dinners to hear guest speakers.
Donated funds cannot to used to cover volunteer expenses. We are one of the few organisations that ensure that every dollar we raise goes to the purpose intended. As such, volunteers and Rotarians cover our own expenses.
How do I attend a club dinner meeting ?
Simply submit this form as a Rotary Friend before 10am on the day of the meeting. Then come along from 6pm for a 6:30pm start. If you wish to book and pre-pay by credit card, use this Register and Pay Online link.